Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
The Royal Oak Foundation (Royal Oak) seeks as its next Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer (ED&CEO) a visionary executive and an experienced fundraiser who can lead the organization through a new phase of growth. The Board of Directors recently embarked on a planning process that reaffirms Royal Oak’s commitment to expanding philanthropic support for priority National Trust projects. The next ED&CEO will lead the organization in shaping a strategic direction and implementing an operating plan that significantly enhances Royal Oak’s impact and effectiveness.
The ED&CEO works with the Board and staff to develop and ensure the execution of the overall vision, strategic direction, operations, and fiscal plans to ensure the successful fulfillment of Royal Oak’s mission. He or she will strengthen Royal Oak’s established reputation by further building, maintaining and nurturing a network of influential contacts relevant to Royal Oak’s mission, and continue to develop organization’s cohesion and visibility. The ED&CEO will have overall responsibility for leadership, program direction, membership development, fundraising, staff development, and the financial integrity of the organization.
ED&CEO reports to the Royal Oak Board.
- Board and Trust Relations
- External Relations/Communications
- Membership Recruitment/Retention
- Fiscal/Fiduciary Management
- Human Resources
If you wish to explore this position, please contact:
Criterion Search Group, Inc.
Position: Development and Communications Manager
Location: New York, NY
The Development and Communications Manager plays a critical role in developing strategy and executing plans for growing individual giving and donor stewardship. The position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing one staff member.
Maintain and increase funding from individual donors through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Manage a portfolio of individual prospects and donors;
- Manage the Heritage Circle patron membership program, including soliciting and securing gifts, drafting correspondence, designing and implementing engagement activities, and creating acquisition, renewal, and upgrade strategies;
- Develop and oversee special programs and tours for Heritage Circle members;
- Track and report on revenue goals;
- Manage budgets for the Heritage Circle program and for other fundraising activities;
- Oversee annual fund appeals, special events, and planned giving;
- Manage volunteer fundraising and event committees;
- Assist in the planning and production of important Royal Oak donor communications, including the website and social media, newsletter, and annual report;
- Support other aspects of fundraising and communications, as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position must possess the following:
- Four or more years of development experience interacting with high-level donors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to operate with a high level of discretion, maturity, and sensitivity;
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of art history and historic preservation preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.