Director of Finance & Administration
Reporting to the Executive Director and interacting regularly with members of the Board of Directors, the Director of Finance & Administration is a key member of the Foundation’s senior staff.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the work of The Royal Oak Foundation and the National Trust and will be committed to developing new skills and working with others to creatively advance the organization’s overall mission. Royal Oak has a small office environment where staff works as a team and adjusts to shifting responsibilities and priorities. Experience and/or interest in membership, marketing and strategic planning are a strong bonus.
- Oversees financial reporting functions including preparing financial statements, and providing quarterly reports and analysis to the ROF Finance Committee, and presents financial reports at full Board meetings.
- Manages the general ledger, payroll, banking, annual audit, and cash flow.
- Manages the preparation, execution and monitoring of the annual operating budget.
- Manages all accounting functions, documenting procedures regularly, and ensures proper internal financial controls. Prepares all reconciliations.
- Manages relationships with bankers and auditors.
- Oversees administrative policies and procedures, and human resource activities and practices.
- Manages benefits offerings, and insurance, including reviewing rates annually.
- Administers grant review process, including accounting, distribution and reporting in coordination with the Executive Director and the ROF Finance Committee.
- Tracks investment portfolio and prepares reports for the Finance Committee.
- Works with the Audit Committee to review and update all policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in nonprofit financial and administrative management.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in field preferred.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with Blackbaud Altru a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong communications and leadership skills.
- Solution-oriented team player with a positive attitude.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits include: employer paid health, dental, and vision plans; paid vacation and sick leave; employer-paid commutation within New York City; employer contribution to 403B plan after one full year’s employment.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Finance & Administration”. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.