Programs and Development Associate
Programs and Development Associate for the Royal Oak Foundation will take inbound customer service calls and will talk to members, donors, and patrons to process payments, answer questions about the organization and its programs, and to ensure that every customer interaction provides a great experience. They will have a working knowledge of Blackbaud Altru database, producing reports and mailing lists. The associate must be a fast thinker with excellent communication skills who can clearly answer questions and anticipate future needs.
About The Royal Oak Foundation
The Royal Oak Foundation seeks to raise awareness of and advance the work of the National Trust of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland by inspiring support from the United States for the Trust’s efforts to preserve and protect historic places and spaces— for ever, for everyone.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Database Management (65%) – Within Blackbaud Altru / WordPress:
- Manage all fundraising data in Altru database including the input of payments and the execution of pledges and receipts
- Process donations and matching gifts, including generating tax receipt acknowledgment letters and maintaining digital files
- Processes all lecture and tour registrations, and provides information to lecture attendees by telephone and email
- Responsible for events data entry and administration, assisting with the setup of each season’s schedule on the Foundation’s WordPress website and Altru Database
- Real-time liaison with programs dept. staff to monitor and manage event availability on web
- Provides general office support, including running database queries on Altru, assisting with annual audit and revenue backup
- Coordinate invitation mailing lists, solicitation packages and appropriate donor contact and follow-up
- Perform content and functionality edits to website pages relevant to donation processing
Customer Service (35%):
- Provide world-class service to our members, donors and event attendees via phone, social channels, and email
- Take responsibility for customer issues and escalate to appropriate channels as needed
- Provide ongoing constituent relations by telephone, mail and email
- Provide backup for general information inquiries by telephone
- Provide backup for membership inquiries, membership processing and lost- card replacement
Successful candidate will have:
- Understanding and hands-on experience with database management, knowledge of Blackbaud’s Altru system
- Understanding and hands-on experience with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Superior attention to detail with ability to multi-task
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills with members and donors
- Manage and resolve systems issues regarding ticketing, scheduling, and communications as assigned by the Programs Department
- Knowledge of cash management and payment processing
- Work under varying degrees of supervision (including independently) in a fast-paced environment
- A natural enthusiasm for non-profit work and an interest in British history and historic preservation a plus
This position is NYC based, currently working on a hybrid schedule with two days in office—Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration. The salary range will be $50k-$55k with full benefits including medical, 403b and vacation. Position available immediately and will remain open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please indicate how you learned of this job opportunity in your cover letter.