Royal Oak membership is good for one year from the month that you apply. If your interests include art, architecture, gardens, landscapes, interior design, history, heritage and cultural activities, then Royal Oak membership is for you. Royal Oak members enjoy benefits in the U.S. as well, including a broad array of lectures, day trips and special events; and informative publications that explore British heritage. Join Royal Oak today and become part of a community that both supports and enjoys the shared cultural heritage between Britain and the United States.
- Unlimited entry to over 500 sites belonging to the National Trust of England, Wales & Northern Ireland*
- Unlimited entry to 100 properties belonging to the National Trust for Scotland
- Reduced admission price for U.S. lectures, tours and other programs
- National Trust Handbook and Parking Pass
- Spring and Fall issues of the Royal Oak newsletter
- Spring, Summer and Autumn issues of the National Trust magazine
- Discounts on travel packages and select hotels in the U.K.
- Discounted subscriptions to magazines such as Country Life, English Garden, English Home, Britain Magazine, Discover Britain and The Art Newspaper
- Member dues are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law
*Royal Oak membership does not provide free entry or free parking at Stonehenge or Wakehurst; these sites are managed by English Heritage and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, respectively.
USA, APO and FPO Addresses (via USPS): Standard (free) shipping within the US provides First Class delivery of member cards and the NT Parking Permit in 2-3 weeks; and Media Mail delivery (4-5 weeks) of current publications, including the annual NT Handbook. You may request copies of your member cards and the NT parking permit to be emailed to you by contacting Jan Lizza: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fulfillment for addresses outside the continental USA ($35 shipping fee): Members receive materials in printed format via USPS International First Class mail (delivery within 4-5 weeks). You may request copies of your member cards and the NT parking permit to be emailed to you by contacting Jan Lizza: email@example.com.
Already in the UK or leaving in a few days? You may purchase a Royal Oak membership at the first National Trust property that you visit. You will be given a handbook for the sites, temporary membership documentation and a parking permit that provide free entry and parking during your travels. Upon your return home, Royal Oak will fulfill your membership by sending permanent cards and all other materials and publications. Please note that you will be asked to pay the NT membership fees, which are more than the Royal Oak membership fees. That’s why it is always better to purchase your Royal Oak membership before heading to the UK.